Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Hi all!  I hope you had a great Halloween! The weather held out for the big night and my kids raked in the candy.  Unfortunately I was very ill and could not celebrate my daughter's birthday the way I wanted to.  I did make it through the party the day before though!  So this post is all about playing catch up.  I have some cute treat bags to show off and the card I made for my daughter's birthday plus a cute shot of my girls all ready for trick or treating (the picture is not great as I was very ill but hey I'm a mom and all pictures of my kids are great to me)!

We had Jillian's Birthday party the day before Halloween and she had decided a long time ago that she wanted to have a crafting party (like mother, like daughter!!) and she wanted to give Hot Air Balloons for the treat bags.  So I took the challenge and this is what I came up with ...


I have to admit they really were super easy and very adorable.  Plus it solves the problem of everyone wanting a balloon to take home at the end of the day. We had a piñata so once they filled their zip-loc bags with loot I just placed them in the balloon base and I was done!! I used the SU Fancy Favour Die and Pennant punch. 

Jillian's Favourite things right now are Macaws.  She loves the movie Rio and she is always asking for bird stuffys.  So I tried to come up with a good birthday card for her.  I took a few punch art Ideas from Spiltcoast Stampers gallery and made the card below.  I love Michelle Zindorf's cards.  She is always using brayering techniques that totally astound me, so I incorporated that into the mix too.  I hope you like it. Jillian Loved it!

I found one last item at the Dollar Store (cost more than a dollar BTW) that just made Jillian's Day ...




By the next day I was Sick Sick Sick so I did not enjoy Halloween as much as I normally do but here is a shot of my two great kids all dressed up and on their way out the door!

Well I am caught up now :)  Hope you had a great Halloween and welcome to Winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...