Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back in the Swing of things

Ok the kids are back to school, Hubby is back at work and I am back to a routine (well almost).  We have been eating out a little less (but still too much) and I have gotten rid of all of the junk food in my house so it is time to keep busy too keep myself from wanting to eat crap and just watch TV all day.  I am reading 1984 right now but it is slow going, I am trying to clean my house and organize toys and clothes but my heart is not in it so it is also going slow!  One thing that I have been doing lots of is crafting!  Somehow all the nagging housework and self-improvement crap just seems to fade away when I am in here!

Ok so I have been playing with some of the new products I got for Christmas and I have been working on some new cards.  Hope you like them.



I found this tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for a Spring Card (as in "Boing" not the Season).  I really do love the DSP from the new Sale-a-bration mini and I find I am using it for everything these days.  Maybe I just really want some flowers and butterflies around!  The tutorial is here if you want to give it a try it is really easy.

The next card I made was a Birthday Card, because you can never have enough of those!  I love the color combo and the Perfectly Penned Stamp set is such a beautiful font.  But the really yummy thing about this card is what you cannot convey over the internet, it smells delicious!  The new Occasions Mini has scented embossing powders and one of them is cherry!  I embossed this card with the cherry powder and it smells wonderful. 

The final card I have for today was more of an experiment than anything else. I was playing with a new Die for my Big Shot call "Large Paper Doily" and at the same time I was playing with the Simply Scored Tool that SU brought out last fall. I made a large lolly to go under the doily just to see what the effect would be.  I added some of the new Baja Breeze Stitched Ribbon from the mini and a label from the new Labels Framelits die and a stamp from the Apothecary Art set.  I like the Lolly but I feel it looks like I just tacked in on a card front and that was that (which is in fact what I did!).

Thanks for visiting my blog,  feel free to leave a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. love the boing spring butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorissa. You are the first person to comment on my blog. I think I should send you something :) What is your address?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...