Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Home Sweet Home

My daughter's Piano Teacher has just moved into her new home so I thought I would make her a card for the occasion.  On top of that she just announced she is expecting so I have two cards to give her!   I have to admit I don't have much in way of "new home" stamp sets let alone "your expecting" stamp sets so I made do with what I have.  The sentiments on the Home Sweet Home card are not Stampin Up (shh don't tell anyone) but all the other products are SU.  I have wanted to play with the milk carton die and make a little bird house so I made it to match the card. 

 I used Crumb Cake paper for the base and the house.  Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Marina Mist and Vanilla are the other colors used and Chocolate Chip for the ink. 
To the Right is the inside of the card. You can see a hint of the eggs from the outside but inside is the mama bird and her chicks. The bird punch is one of my favourite tools.  My oldest LOVES birds and has asked me to make a card like this for her!


 Ok so as I said that they are expecting and as it turns out she is not the only person I know who is expecting. I made two of these cards in different colors. I have seen these little peas in a pod cards before and have always wanted to make one. Now I have made two and I love them. Too cute!
For the card above I used Wisteria Wonder and Pear Pizzaz and for the card to the right I used Pool Party and Certainly Celery. 




Hope you like them.  Thanks for looking.
Janet Y
janetyates@shaw.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...