Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

3x3 Cards and Gift Box -- Mixed Medley

I have a fun little project for today.  3x3 cards are such a quick and easy way to make gift sets and I love making gift sets!  For this one I designed a little box to hold them (I am sure someone else has one similar to it somewhere but I like the challenge of trying to create it from scratch).  Let me know what you think.


 I gave myself a little challenge to create cards using the Mixed Medley Hostess Set from the new Holiday Mini, using the same layout for each card but different colours for each.   So here they are.  Each card is spritzed on the Whisper White Base, and then I added two strips of paper in the colours that were chosen for each card.  Using the Mixed Medley Set and the New 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch I created the main embellishment. 
 I used Rose Red and Perfect Plum, Soft Suede and Raspberry Ripple, Island Indigo and Calypso Coral, Basic Black and Tangerine Tango, and finally Primrose Petals and Baja Breeze.


Below is a "How To" for the card holder.  It will hold up to 6 3x3 cards with envelopes.

So to put it simply ...

Cut paper to 10 x 7 1/4

Score Long side at |
3 1/4,  4 3/4,   8  and 9 1/2

Score Short side at
1 1/4,  4 3/4,  and 6 1/4

Cut out pieces as seen in photo above and snip down scoring lines where shown (I hope you can see those!).  Fold and adhere.
When I have it put together I then cut the sides of the top flap into a diagonal as seen on the lid of the brown box.  Decorate and give away!

Now for a fun little quiz ... What retired colour is seen in the How To Photo above??

Thanks for looking!
Janet Y
janetyates@shaw.ca

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful gift box...I like it...anyone receive would be delighted...same like gift card put in Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...