Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Emboss Resist Christmas

I wanted to get some use out of a great little single stamp in the Annual Catalogue called Star Tree.  It is a la a Carte Stamp.   So I thought I would try my hand at a little Emboss Resist technique.   I stamped the tree in versamark and then put clear embossing powder on it and heat set it.   I then created a reverse mask (basiclly a square cut out of the middle of scrap paper) and sponged my ink in.

 I used Real Red Ink and sponged it in to the middle of my mask (see below)  I then put Dazzling Details around the edge.  When sponging on the ink you will see the Embossed parts "resist" the ink and show up wonderfully.  Hence "Emboss Resist"

 For these two cards I cut out a piece of Card Stock to fit the tree.  I then stamped the tree again in Versamark and used Clear Embossing Powder.  I sponged the entire piece with Real Red (above) and Soft Suede (right).  I backed each piece in glimmer paper, Red and Champagne.




In case you are wondering the Merry Christmas Sentiment  is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
Here is the top card Under Production!!  I used Sticky Notes on one side to keep the paper in place while I sponged.  I also used a tissue to wipe away extra ink from the embossed section.








Thanks for looking!


Janet Y

janetyates@shaw.ca    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...