Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Convention 2013 - Swaps

Well it's time for me to get back to my day to day.  Today is my Mom's 65th Birthday and we had cupcakes and BBQ Chicken.  We kept it low-key just the way she likes things.   As a present for my Mom I brought her to Salt Lake City with me and it was an awesome trip!  One of the best parts of Convention was coming home everyday with swaps to show my Mom.   I will try to get some photos up here of some of my favourites.

So back my swaps. 

First off I want to tell you how I made my Serene Silhouettes Window card.  I love simple yet elegant cards.  They seem to have the most impact.  This one was so easy and fun.   I remember a few Christmas's ago I saw a similar card using Lovely as a Tree and a blue sky.  I just love the sponged look of a sunset so I thought I would use Serene Silhouettes and create a Sunset.  I tried a few colour combinations and finally settled on Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight.


Once I stamped my image and sponged on my colours I punched it out with the XL oval punch.  I then embossed the top Vanilla layer with the Designer Frames Textured Embossing Folder.  How did I do this without creating creases you ask?  See Picture Below.

I put it in just as you see here.  As you may or may not know, when you put a folder through the Big Shot you should always put the seem through first!  Well here you do not do that.  Put the open end in first to avoid the crease on the page.

I used the "Hello" stamp from Lacy & Lovely and used Dimentionals to make the top layer pop. 


Now to the very popular "Records" Card.  If you have been following my blog you know I created a similar card back in May - Bombs Away Birthday that was my inspiration for this swap.  Of course the Sentiment from the Bombs Away Birthday stamp set gave me the inspiration for the Records.  To create those records I used 1 3/4" Circle punch and the 3/4" Circle punch plus a paper piercing tool for the center.  


I mixed up the center colours make things interesting.  Here is my original again and my Swap at the bottom.




There is not much more to say about this card as it is so simple and fun.   You need to get to this Bombs Away Birthday set, it is so funny!

If you got one of my swaps at convention I just want to say Thank you for Swapping with me!  I really hope you like them!  

Janet Y






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...