Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Undefined Excitement!!!

Are you an artist? No!  Me either!   I can barely draw a straight line, so when I heard about an all new tool from Stampin' Up that allowed you to carve your own stamps I was not overly excited.   That was until I watched Shannon from Stampin' Up create Eggs and Bacon!  That's right, Eggs and Bacon.  Super cute and so easy!

It got me thinking about what I would want in a stamp.  What kind of stamp would mean something to me and also be easy for me to draw and carve?   I decided to go with one of my favourite Canadian symbols.  The Inukshuk.   I grew up in the Northwest Territories and this was a common place symbol on lawns, stationary and town sculptures.   In fact I have one in my front yard still.

So I looked on-line for some ideas, and saw a few that I liked the look of and had simple lines.  I drew one out on scrap paper and set about carving it!  I really love how it turned out, let me know what you think.



Carving was relatively easy.   The two tools they supply are really easy to use.   I made a bit of a mess but I caulk that up to my inexperience.

I stamped the Inukshuk in Midnight Muse and used Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Island Indigo for the background, paper and ribbon.
The kit comes with a piece of rubber for carving, two carving tools, Adhesive foam, wood mount blocks and an Island Indigo Marker.   I was lucky enough to get a small piece of rubber, foam and a block at convention so I used that as my test piece.   I traced the polar bear from my mothers NWT luggage tag and carved it on to the rubber.   It turned out ok but the nose was hard to get right.  I put this on the inside of my card (see below).
 
 
If you want to see some more wonderful ideas for the Undefined kit check out Stampin' Up's Pinterest site.  They have a board dedicated to the Undefined kit.  Some people are so talented!
 
Check out a quick video here to see it in action.
 
 
 
Thanks for looking!  Have a great day.
 
Janet Y


 

1 comment:

  1. Janet, you've done an excellent job with your stamps! I'm excited to see what else you create.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...