Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Village of Cuteness -- December News


Before I get to how I made my Christmas Village of Cuteness I just want to mention that at the bottom of this post are the New Weekly Specials, the December (and final) "Best of" Stamp Set and a quick little message you will not want to miss!!

Now on to my Christmas Village of Cuteness ....

 In 2011 I went to the Stampin' UP Convention with my friend and Up line Amber.   For a Make and Take at the convention they had us make a "Village of Cuteness."   Essentially it was 3 pieces of 2x4 cut to look like little houses.  We painted them and decorated them.   That fall I made a Halloween Set and had great intentions of making a Christmas Set.  With the help of Ambers Husband (who cut more houses) I finally made a Christmas Set!

I am so happy with how they turned out!
 Red House - on this house I used a little wooden business card and painted it green, behind it I added some Espresso Card Stock.  The Roof is Early Espresso Core'dinations Paper that has been embossed with the Wood-grain Embossing Folder. The Icicles are made with Crystal Effects and Dazzling Details.  I finished it off with a Frosted Finishes embellishment, antique brad and retired felt holly.

Green House - Here I cut the wooden business card in half and created a double door with some retired brads as door knobs.  The Roof is chipboard covered in retired DSP.  I used some more retired felt (this time the mittens). For the sign on the house
 I used a Framelit from the Chalk Talk set and cut out a piece in Sliver and Red Glimmer paper and one from the wooden business cards.   I got the sentiment from the "Christmas Messages" stamp set.

Brown House - For this house I punched out each scalloped layer of DSP for the roof.  It took a long time but I love the effect.  I added the last two pieces of felt from the retired set and added rhinestones for sparkle. Again the door is a wooden business card (I got them at Lee Valley) and added another antique brad for the door handle and two other brads for the hinges.
  Above you can see the detail of the roof a little better.

 For all of the houses I used acrylic paint and applied it lightly so you could still see the detail of the wood grain.  I also added Mica Flakes (retired) to the bottom of each home.

These were so fun to make.  Let me know what you think of the final product.

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December News

New Arrival --  Best of "Sale-a-Bration"
The final Stamp set in the Best of Series is here!  These will be available until April 2014 so get them while you can.   134939  $17.95


It's Never too early for these super cute Valentines ... Available Now
A Whole Lot Of Love
This Weeks  "Weekly Deals" are out now ... Check them out Here
Weekly Deals

Only a 22 Days until Christmas and only 7 days left to order your Christmas goodies.   Shipping to Canada this time of year can be a little crazy so be sure to order any items you want before Christmas by December 10.

Remember the Holiday Catalogue Retires on December 31.  Don't miss out on some amazing products.

On December 10 be sure to check out the CLEARANCE RACK.  I little birdie told me we will be getting some new items on this list, some of which may be up to 80% off!!!

 
Janet Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...