Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

SU Video - Star Boxes

Good Morning!  It is Monday and normally that would be a bad thing but the snow is melted and the weather is beautiful!   Unfortunatly our city has a lot of clean up to do from all of the snow last week, so many trees were damaged is just hurts the heart to look at it!   My area was not hit too bad, our trees are small, but some areas are just awful!!


On to brighter news though...  STARS
Stampin' Up put out a video on how to make some super cute Star boxes using the Star Framelits in the Annual Catalogue.   The "Under the Tree" speciality designer series paper is perfect for these little boxes too.   Below the video you can see the ones I made using this tutorial.





I just love these boxes for decorations and with just a couple of minor changes you can turn them into treat boxes too.



Here you can see where I cut a tab down and did not add adhesive so it just tucks in.  You can add a little treat to the box, such as jelly beans and the box is not ruined when opened.  So Fun!

Let me know how your Star Boxes turned out!  



2 comments:

  1. Snow can do so much damage especially when it is wet an heavy. I hate to see the trees get damaged too. We lost some huge branches out of our chestnut trees a few years back from an early, heavy, wet snow. Needless to say over the years these trees got abused by storms and snow storms and now they are history. I really miss the trees, but don't miss the mess and clean up I'd have to do each fall. lol Your star boxes are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the video with us. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Brenda. I know what you mean about the trees. We live in a new neighbourhood with no big trees now and it makes me sad when the older neighbourhoods suffer like this. I wish I had big trees. I stopped by your blog today and saw so many great cards! I will be visiting again soon.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments they mean the world to me. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...